THIS IS A DOWNLOADABLE , DIGITAL CROCHET PATTERN, NOT A FINISHED PRODUCT!
This cute bag pattern is named after my grand daughter. She is a little princess who loves colour and texture and you can be sure to get a lot of both when you make this project.
This digital pattern comes with links to tutorials for special stitches and techniques and a photo tutorial.
For those who are not yet familiar with Image Overlay Crochet terminology or makers who want to brush up on their IOC skills, an instruction booklet with the basics in terms of terminology and techniques used is included in the pattern purchase.
An IOC Basics Masterclass is in the making for extra support.
Image Overlay Crochet is a technique based on overlay crochet, where we write stories in yarn, crocheting the background layer and the image layer at the same time, using a special abbreviation and IOC specific techniques.
Once familiar with the techniques and the special abbreviation terminology (formerly known as ’Petranese’), these patterns – though officially classified as intermediate/advanced – include enough support in form of photo and video tutorials plus Masterclasses for the technique, that even a confident beginner can tackle the patterns.
You should be familiar with basic (US) terminology, confident with counting rounds and stitches and know your stitches from slip stitch to double treble. Tables with the most commonly used abbreviations, punctuation and stitch explanations for our basics, (like sc, hdc, dc, htr, tr, hdtr and dtr) are included in the pattern documents.
Gauge is not important for this pattern, unless you want to make it in a specific size.
- 105g/approx. 420m of Daffodil Road 4ply yarn (80% Merino, 20% Nylon) in Boysenberry for the purple slim base bag
- 126g/approx. 510m of hand-dyed fine Merino Sock Yarn (80% Merino, 20% Nylon, 4ply) from Bendigo Woollen Mills (blue pouch)
- 62g/approx. 240m of hand-dyed Pima Cotton 4ply in Colourway Miss Fisher – Silver Lady
and a 2.5mm hook for all versions.
Slim Base Bag (purple): 23cm x 20 cm
Slim Base Bg (silver): 18cm x 20cm
Round Base Pouch (blue): 22cm x 29cm
Not Just A Bag!!!
The great feature of this pattern is that you are given different options to style your bag, to combine the different sections and suggestions to make your bag smaller, bigger or even other projects from this pattern.
What about a bottle holder?
Or a project bag?
So many possibilities!
Included in your purchase are:
Extended Pattern Version – with special stitches explained above each round, precisely when you need them, visuals for easy reference, hints, tips, and stitch marker placement suggestions; please read the pattern introduction first.
– Special Stitches Overview – a complete list of all special stitches used in this pattern. Ideal to be used in conjunction with:
– Charts for all relevant sections – the unique Image Overlay Crochet chart. A visual reference to complement (or substitute) the written pattern.
– Pattern in a Nutshell – the simplified, condensed, and therefore more print-friendly version of the IOC segments of this pattern.
IOC-1-Basics for ‘Beginner’ Image Overlay Crochet projects – includes detailed explanations with photo tutorials for the terminology and techniques used in this pattern, as well as important pattern notes.
Photo Tutorial – the written pattern with special stitches above each round and a detailed photo tutorial for each special stitch and important or difficult stitch placement.